Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Kenny Chesney April 26th - Peoria, IL

Last Friday I struggled to focus through the workday because I knew the experience of my first Kenny Chesney concert was right around the corner. Normally I'm so energized on a concert day I don't need any caffeine, but when I had to start at spreadsheets for a spec book all day, I needed a boost.

Here I am prepping for the concert. Rockin' out with my headphones and little afternoon sbux.

The caffeine definitely did its job. I was able to stay up past my bedtime and fully enjoy the concert. It's always nice to see some artists that are new to me. Kacey Musgraves, assuming she writes her own songs, is a good songwriter, but the tunes just aren't up my alley. Eli Young Band did their best to put on a good show, but their vocals were drowned out a bit by the guitars. I guess that may explain why his mic went out half way through.

I have many more shots from all the artists that night, but haven't taken the time to pull them off my camera yet. This is one of my favorites from my phone. Too bad the tall person's head is right in the middle of the shot. Kenny's show had an electric energy throughout. Combine that with a set list containing his greatest hits and it opened my eyes to why he's won entertainer of the year before.

I will admit Kenny has never been on the top of my list of artists to see, but when he shows up in my backyard, I had no choice to go. Plus, how could I resist a fun evening with Theresa.

No comments: