Saturday, May 18, 2013

Day 5: Birch Aquarium to SAN

Today I REALLY wish I had a teleportation device. This seems to be the never ending day. I woke up in La Mesa around 6:30am despite my attempts to sleep longer. It's safe to say that I have a severe lack of sleep. So I relaxed in my room until checkout at 11am.

I then proceeded to find Marion's Seafood on Harbor Drive for lunch. Yeah, that didn't happen. Between the tourists and crazy amounts of construction, I retreated. Before I left, I did take in a bit of the scenery.

I made my way North to the Birch Aquarium in La Jolla. I was most excited about the view I knew I'd have (no aquarium could match Atlanta). I could have stood there all day, but I really didn't want to greasify myself with sunscreen.

I didn't make any knew friends at the aquarium. It might have helped if I had goggles and a snorkel, but I'm guessing they'd frown upon that. I want to show you the "leafy" sea creature I thought looked awesome, but it's on my actual camera. So, here's some other fish for your viewing pleasure.

Running on empty lead me to the conclusion that I should just make my way to the airport. I was getting too cranky with myself and everything around me, so I've been in timeout at the San Diego airport for about 6 hours (I think).

I've had plenty of time to explore, but quickly found out I'm trapped on an island called Terminal 2. The terminals don't connect! Argh! My dinner choices were pizza or those pre-packed sandwiches that have been sitting there for how long? Oh, and there is no ice cream to be had.
Oh wait, that's me "trapped" at the aquarium.

I have about 2 hours to go and my electronics are fully charged, thanks to the outlets in my seat. My ears aren't sore because the airport has apparently tapped into my iPod for music (no headphones needed).

This is crazy! Knew I should have brought Sparky with me!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love those BLUE fish!