Friday, May 17, 2013

Day 4: San Diego Zoo & Petco Park

Ever since my mom brought me back a book from the San Diego Zoo back in the day, I knew I would have to get there somehow, someday. This was not the book, but still would have been cool.

My plan was to get to the zoo when it opened, so I could boogie on over to the elephants and take in the Elephant Odyssey Exhibit without hoards if school children buzzing around. My plan worked for a good hour and a half before they caught up to me.

This is the hilliest zoo I have ever been to. You can get a good calf workout here, well, unless you take the buses.

Too many rambunctious school groups wore away my patience, so I grabbed an ice cream cone and chilled until the Backstage Pass tour started.

I was in awe during the whole show and thankful I didn't see any repeat zoo ambassadors from yesterday at the Safari.
These are just a couple I the animals I got to meet in addition to a cheetah, arctic wolf, cloud leopard, serval cat, and jaguar. The other animal I did get to pet was a binturong, AKA bearcat. I have a cd of pictures with all these animals I can't wait to see on my computer. This was such a great experience!

I relaxed a bit this afternoon at the hotel before I headed to Petco Park for the Nationals vs Padres game. They have a very nice ballpark and I think I toured it in record time. 

The warm and delicious clam chowder I ordered from Anthony's Grotto had the same effect on me as a high dose of  tryptophan. I lasted a while 2 hours at the ballpark before I called it a night.

1 comment:

P-town Tom said...

Glad you tried my clam chowder suggestion. Have a safe trip home!