Thursday, May 16, 2013

Day 3: LAish to San Diegoish

I technically started out in North Hollywood, traveled through morning LA rush hour to Santa Ana, then hit Escondido, and landed in La Mesa. During this time, I figured out how I burnt my hand the previous day.

Santa Ana was the location of my Taco Bell brunch. I still can't believe Tom talked me into this. Out of everything I've had planned for vacation, this actually had negative expectations, but I have to admit, I ate the whole waffle taco and it was quite delicious.

Escondido is where I spent a few hours at the San Diego Zoo Safari Park. My behind the scenes tour was awesome. I was the only person on the tour, which lead to several perks. Here are the friends I made on the tour.

What I confirmed today:
1. It's quite enjoyable to have fun and unique conversations with strangers. Thank you, Taco Bell cashier, Zoo store checker, and Pizza shop waitress for some good laughs.

2. Motorcyclists are crazy! or maybe just think they're in the Xgames. Apparently driving on the white dotted line in between cars is their idea of fun.

3. Sunscreen really should be reapplied, and, no matter how hard you try, you will always have that spot you missed. I apologize to my coworkers in advance for peeling next week.

1 comment:

P-town Tom said...

I'm sure you were waffle-taco heaven! So jealous right now.

Keep the updates coming!