Thursday, May 9, 2013

Another Concert Down

I'm close to a week behind on writing this blog. It doesn't mean the experience wasn't up to blogging standards, it just means I'm a slacker. Between staring at a computer screen all day at work and losing focus for just about any task because of my upcoming vacation well... yeah, just got distracted by something shiny again.

Last Thursday Jenny and I headed to Bloomington for a Hunter Hayes and Carrie Underwood concert. I knew Carrie would bring it, and was excited to see Hunter Hayes live. He had a ton of energy and really knew how get those teenie-boppers to melt in the palm of his hand.

After a bit of people watching and smelling the trays of unsold funnel cakes as they walked by, Carrie was set to to come on stage. how did we know? The DJ told us. Yep, they had a DJ on stage in between sets playing music to pump up the crowd and encourage us to get to our seats before the artists took the stage.

Not only did I get to enjoy some great music and awesome vocals, but I had flashbacks of seeing Epcot's laser light show when I was 8 years old. I haven't been to a concert that had that many lights!

Carrie took a small page out of Pink's book and decided to get closer to the audience. While she wardrobe changed out of a skirt, her crew hooked up the end of the stage to some pulleys and built a railing that would rise and travel above the floor seats.

I love when artists take flight and get closer to fans in seats near and far. And it helps when they have an outstanding voice to listen to. Glad they backed off on the instruments for a couple songs, allowing us to truly take in Carrie's voice.

What's next? A concert? No. A vacation? YES. Watch out San Diego Zoo animals, here I come, backstage pass in hand! Oh yeah! Can you feel it?

No comments: