Friday, April 26, 2013

#6 Thick 'n Creamy

One would expect this Kraft Macaroni & Cheese Thick n' Creamy dinner to be be a step up from their original pasta. Oddly enough it kind of was. The pasta was on steroids! No, these weren't cooked until they quadrupled in size, they were gigantic to begin with.

Add in the cheddar flavoring, butter, and milk and then you're ready to enjoy the Grey Poupon of mac n' cheeses. Nope, wrong answer. I'll admit, I was unable to prepare this as suggested... I no longer believe in 2% milk as it called for.

The flavor was good, but the sauce was unable to cling to the oversized pasta. The ratio of cheesy goodness to pasta was off. Based on my incorrect preparation, I have to rank it at #6. A bit unfair, but we all can't be master chefs now can we?

No comments: