Wednesday, February 4, 2015

In need of a sarcasm font

Chances are that if it's not working, broken, missing, or needed, then my coworkers will eventually seek me out. That comes with the territory of a small business and having worked their 10+ years.

Today's issue had to deal with our emails being down at work and then a request to get some detailed information about our Campaign Monitor account, which we use for email blasts.

To my surprise, they did not have an online support function where you can chat with a representative. I was unable to find a phone number to call, but I have found that to be somewhat typical for online services.

I felt like I had a fairly specific question and it would be best to converse with someone, so other than wasting my time scouring the Help and FAQ area of their website, my only other option was to submit a form, in which they will respond via email. (Remember our email was not working.)

At this point I was frustrated, so I opted to post a snarky tweet, in hopes they might see it and give me a number to call.

And so begins a round-robin of tweets. For the record, I even followed them, in hopes they would follow me back, so we could direct message. I suppose I could have requested that, but figured their rep would have seen my follow. And being one not to mix work stuff with personal stuffs, I wasn't going to submit any requests from my personal email.

With my last tweet, I didn't have it in me to start an Abbott and Costello sketch... "But I can't email you because my email doesn't work". I have a feeling I could still be going round in circles with this person.

I also opted not to be completely and utterly rude, but my last tweet totally needed a sarcasm font. I really wanted to #SMH (#Shaking My Head) or #EyeRoll them, but goodness only knows who was behind BZ's posts.

2 comments:

P-town Tom said...

Invent the sarcasm font. It needs to be done. You could probably patent it and become a millionaire when someone like "The Onion" buys you out.

When you get this figured out, please e-mail me as I'd like to get in on the ground floor on any IPO stock. There is money to be made here! You know, when your e-mail working again.

Amy Talcott said...

This is an amazing post and an even more amazing exchange between you and Campaign Monitor. What I usually do is end a sarcastic post with #sarcasm because some people are truly stupid. In the meantime, I suggest you get this t-shirt and wear it proudly: http://www.cafepress.com/mf/91779602/sarcasm-font_tshirt?productId=1347998757