Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Day 1: PIA to SAN to N Hollywood

My brain is fried! In my current timezone, I would have woke up at 2:30am. I've been told The Exes taping tomorrow could go as late as 10pm. I'm going to do my best to stretch my bedtime in hopes to acclimate to pacific time.

Today's notable items:

1. I left two GUTS books out and about for some random and curious person to find, keep, read and who knows, maybe even pass it along.

Peoria airport.

Super8 N Hollywood Lobby

2. I thought getting a good deal on Priceline for a Hertz car rental would be great. Guess what? "We don't have any mid-size cars available for you, but we can put you in a 2-door convertible Viper or a big ass van." Pardon my French, but as I walked to space 114, I mumbled, "I'm driving a fucking sports car!"

3. I curse more and talk to other drivers more when I'm cranky. Eating meals on time and getting adequate sleep will be the key to enjoyment for the next few days.

4. The La Brea Tar Pits actually smells like tar. Considering how much I comment on smells and wonder what things I see (but can't smell) smell like, I find it funny that the possibility of a tar smell never crossed my.

5. I'm considering ordering a breakfast item from Taco Bell Thursday morning. I should never had mentioned this to Tom. He said, "You fly, I buy." I have to admit, this could easily be on my route. Note, I said order, so I may or may not fully consume a waffle taco.
I can't figure out how to link this on my phone, check it out:
http://foodbeast.com/content/2013/05/10/taco-bell-waffle-taco-spotted-in-southern-californa/#.UZEu4r-fcxf


3 comments:

Amy Talcott said...

Nice car! Don't get syrup on the seat. Or tar. Or elephant poo. :)

Anonymous said...

It's hard to follow such a witty comment as what Amy posted. :-(
Anyway, enjoyed your post, and hope you can locate one of those 89-cent waffle tacos--what a great bargain IF they actually taste good. Hugs, Momma

P-town Tom said...

YOU. MUST. BUY. THE. BREAKFAST. TACO.

Dooooooo it!