Friday, May 10, 2013

#4 Spirals

Kraft's spiral shaped macaroni and cheese is my pick for number four. The spirals seem like they were made with a purpose. I'd imagine most people eat mac n' cheese with fork, so someone had the bright idea to use the spiral shape for mac n' cheese, so the macaroni would easily weave in between the tines of the fork. This ingenious person didn't keep the consumer like myself in mind.

Remember, even though the shape is different, I made sure to prep it like I had all of the other macaronis. Why is the spiral shape not optimal for this consumer? Well, the overly tender spirals (cooked to perfection) don't have the stability to stay intertwined on the fork. It had the great original flavor, but I may have well been chasing grapes around a plate with a fork.

Great flavor, but the frustration of eating room temperature pasta that was starting to congeal dropped the spirals out of the running for the top 3.

No comments: