Thursday, December 27, 2007

So, I was...

...driving home after crashing dinner at my parents house this evening when my heart jumped out of my chest. Why is it, that seeing a deer's behind dashing along the side of the road at night when you're traveling 70 mph can get your heart racing so fast?

Anyway, the evening went quite well. I learned over dinner that a puzzle I gave Grandpa for Christmas only had 474 pieces instead of 504. I guess it serves me right for purchasing it at the dollar store, but the dog was just so darn cute. Grandpa was also disappointed, so I had to right the situation.

I hijacked Mom and drove to Deals in Pekin in search of the same dog puzzle. Our Deals is sure to have the same products as the Deals in St. Charles, MO, right? Yes in deedy! I bought the only two in the whole store. Hopefully Grandpa can get one whole puzzle out of three boxes of pieces.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well, I can relate to the deers as we have a herd of them living by our house. You have to be careful coming down Elm Point Drive. I have had my heart racing a few times when they have darted out in front of my car. I am sorry to hear that Deals' puzzle purchased here in St. Charles was missing a "few" pieces but then it goes along with the people who live here. I have said it before to my husband "some of these people seem to be missing a few marbles" if you get my drift. Hope Ralph gets his puzzle put together and from the Deals here in St. Charles I extend my heart felt regrets. Merry Christmas to all and to all a good night...oh sorry that has passed HAPPY NEW YEARS TO YOU ALL