Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Need a New Year's Resolution?

How about taking a few steps towards Going Green?
Every little bit can help and make a difference.
In my new house, I've already switched out the light bulbs to eco-friendly ones, and I bring my own grocery sacks to the store. Oh, and I signed up for recycling pickup. This year, I'll get a couple more ideas from the websites below:


www.worldwatch.org/node/3915 (This one has 10 ways to Go Green and save.)


www.treehugger.com/gogreen.php (This has a collection of How to Green your lighting, pet, wedding, car, etc.)


http://gogreeninitiative.org/content/FAQ.html (Information about a program that can be introduced into a school.)


If you already set your New Year's Resolution, then
I challenge you to take one idea from the web links above and implement it into your life this year. We've gotta start somewhere.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good suggestions, Jane! I think I read that for every 1 degree you turn down the heat, you save 3% on your bill. We keep ours set at 55degrees, which is a bit low for some people, but I also like lounging in my full-length bathrobe drinking hot beverages!