Monday, March 2, 2009

One Busted-up Puppy Dog

I never thought I'd have the opportunity to call Lizze Tripod and Conehead at the same time! If you haven't heard already, the Bartonville Olson's went through a traumatic couple of days last week when Lizzie dislocated her hip, TWICE within 36 hours.

I just happen to be over there when the second incident happened and joined Mom and Dad to the emergency veterinarian Friday night. Below are a few photos of the unlucky dog.
Note: The bump shouldn't be there.

For a change, my weekend actually seemed like it was long enough. I had lunch with the "Homeshow" crowd over at the Burger Barge on Saturday and then had dinner and a movie with Matt that night. If you have not seen the 3rd installment of the Mummy movies, you might want to check it out.

I managed to get all of my laundry done on Saturday, so that left Sunday free to get Mom out of the house and bum around town with her. I also helped Grandpa finish another puzzle. Okay, I actually took it upon myself to start and finish the puzzle within an hour. No, it was not a 25 piece puzzle, it was a 500 piece puzzle. I should have taken a photo of it, but just picture Mom, Dad, Grandpa, Laura, Tom and I gathered infront of my parents' house for a photo. It's really weird to find Dad's beard on a puzzle piece... or should I say two puzzle pieces.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

If you really want to see "busted up," you should have seen the x-ray. We were all lucky that she didn't break a bone or bones. Thanks for the help and moral support at the vet E.R. Momma