Monday, March 9, 2009

Monday Special


Deciding to leave the other have of my $5 foot long Subway sandwich at work for tomorrow's lunch, I stopped at the grocery store on the way home. I like to browse the meat section for the orange stickered items. I started in the seafood section and my eyes got locked onto a package of alligator.

After some thinking...(when will I ever get the chance to eat alligator again, at this price?)... I dropped the package into my sack. I wasn't quite sure how to prepare it, so I just boiled it like I do any other seafood I buy. I'm guessing not the best way to prepare it because it was a bit chewy, but it had a very good taste... no, it did not taste like chicken. Maybe I'll try to spice up the leftovers tomorrow with some type of sauce... we'll see.

3 comments:

P-town Tom said...

I had gator on my honeymoon at a fondu house. I remember it being a bit chewy then, too.

Good for you, trying new things!

Jennay said...

Interesting! It is chewy, i have had it fried, yummy.

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness! What a culinary adventure. No thanks. Momma