Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Odd day at work.

Charlie called another team meeting today. After everything that's been going on in the office, I asked if it was for good or bad news. Well, he had a little bit of everything. Then I asked if I should hide under my desk now or later. He told me later... so I joined everyone for the meeting.






Well, there's no more wondering going on in my head and playing out all the possible scenarios of what's going to happen to Amanda's position (we got good work news last week and Charlie gave her the option to come back full-time). After working part-time spending a few days home a week with her lovely son, who just began crawling, she's decided to end the Mcomm chapter of her life. It's a chapter I'm very glad I was able to share with her and the rest of the team. Maybe now she'll have time to fit in the Scooby Doo-a-thon I've mentioned over a dozen times.

So, what's the good news? Apparently several items on our paychecks have not been being pulled out at the appropriate time, pre-taxes...something like that. After Charlie and Gina met with the accountant, it turns out (thank goodness) it's been an error in our favor. The accountant said he would fill out the paperwork for all of our Tax Return Amendments for 07 and 08. Thank goodness I don't have to deal with that paperwork, considering it was not my error.

1 comment:

Amanda Rassi said...

I've been very glad that Mcomm was a chapter in my life too. I'll definitely miss seeing you guys everyday. But I'll be around. =)