Friday, March 20, 2009

Iron, iron, and more iron

So, I've been attempting to prep for my platelet donation tomorrow. I was low in iron last time, so I've been trying to eat iron rich foods this week. Can you say spinach, artichokes, fruits, grainy cereals, clams, and chicken livers? Yep, I said chicken livers. I'm sure I've tried them at some point in my life, but I couldn't really remember what they tasted like. Tonight I thought I could add a little something to my leftover portabella mushroom quesadilla with a side of fried chicken livers. They tasted alright, but I'm wondering if they taste better when hot... who knows?
I'm feeling lazy tonight and still need to get a few photos off my phone and post them in the next day or so...sorry.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your Grandma Olson LOVED chicken livers--had to give them up when she got high cholesterol. By the way, why did you eat them cold? Momma

Anonymous said...

I just hope they take you this time and your iron is high, cuz I don't need to be flipped off again so you can show me your war wounds!

Good luck Janers!

Anonymous said...

Have you heard of a vitamin to get your iron instead of eating chicken liver, ewwww