Wednesday, August 24, 2011

CO Vacation: Saturday, Day 5

I kind of gave myself a break on Saturday, seeing that I did not compete in the Warrior Dash, but not getting to sleep in and spending all day in the heat kind of took its toll on me. Don't get me wrong, I had quite a bit of fun, but my gas tank was starting to get real close to empty.

Here's a pic of Emily and her friends Trevor and Melanie sporting their viking helmets before the race.
There were only a few areas that were easy to try to catch the runners as they passed by. I chose the mud pit because I'm guessing it was also the most fun for spectators.
Glad they had the fire at the end so I could get a pic of that also. It was cool to watch how people entered the mud and also how they decided how to clear the fire.
Here are the victorious racers after their Warrior Dash. Thank goodness Emily had the purple bandanna, otherwise I would not have been able to easily spot her out of the muddy racers running towards the finish line.
Yes, this is the race Tom convinced me to participate in this September. I know I'll be able to complete the length of it at some point, but the obstacles look to be a bit daunting.

2 comments:

P-town Tom said...

A couple of coffees and a few glow sticks around your neck and you'll leap that fire with no problem!

Anonymous said...

Yeah, glow sticks...that's the ticket. YOU CAN DO IT, JANER! Hugs to you, Mom