Saturday, July 31, 2010

Friday and Saturday... Saturday, Saturday... Saturday, Saturday, Saturday

Wow, got a little Elton John tune coming out with that Saturday. Anyway, thought I fill you in on the last 24 hours.

Sandra and I had a very good trip over to Bloomington to spend an Evening with Kathy Griffin... that is technically what our tickets said, "An Evening with Kathy Griffin". She did not disappoint, playing for 2 hours! I thought she'd be on stage for at least an hour and we'd be lucky to get 1.5 hours. I laughed quite a bit and my checks were hurting by the end of the night. Definitely glad to go on the little adventure with Sandra. We also came out buying matching t-shirts... love it!

Woke up this morning to my internal alarm clock. Thank goodness I have one because my radio station was off the air this morning, so I didn't hear my alarm go off. Sparky and I made it to Jubilee State Park in plenty of time before Whitney's walk started. He did really well around all the people and only got scared when we got to close to the port-o-potties and the doors slamming shut.

Thanks again to everyone who donated and helped me raise over $300. It was quite the experience to see all the faces pinned to the backs of walkers shirts. I had Lynn's on my back as we walked. Hopefully the extra funding raised will help make an impact and save some lives. I truly appreciate all the support and generosity from everyone!

Sparky after the long day.
Kathy Griffin Video Intro

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Suck it!

Anonymous said...

Congrats on reaching your goal for Whitney's Walk. Well done! Momma

P-town Tom said...

Good job, Janers!