Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Day #2 of Memories

Folks, this isn't looking good. After today, I'm down to one question left, and I'm going to answer that one on my birthday. I suggest asking a few things, or you are just going to get a bunch of randomness. Now's your chance to put your stamp on my blog.

How many performers have your heard live in concert? - Anonymous I didn't start going to concerts until I was in college. I guess it's a good thing I didn't know how much fun they were, otherwise I would never had had any slushy money.

You would think that only being 8 years removed from college, I wouldn't have too much trouble answering this question, but when you go to a concert you don't care for or see opening acts you've never heard of... it's kind of difficult.

I'm also including the comedians I've seen live. Those are technically concerts too, and bring just as much fun as any good concert.

- Goo Goo Dolls - Bradley U.
- Blues Traveler - Bradley U.
- Vertical Horizon - Bradley U.
- Five for Fighting - Bradley, U.
- Blessid Union of Souls - Springfield
- comedian Wayne Brady - Bradley U.
- comedian Ellen Cleghorne - Peoria
- comedian Ellen DeGeneres - Chicago
- Rascal Flatts - Civic Center
- Darius Rucker - Civic Center
- Jake Owen - Civic Center
- Little Big Town - Civic Center, Sangamon County Fair, U of I, Quad Cities
- Jack Owen - Civic Center
- Carrie Underwood - U of I
- Zac Brown Band - Quad Cities
- Dixie Chicks - Quad Cities, St. Louis
- Joan Osborne - St. Louis
- Norah Jones - St. Louis
- Amos Lee - St. Louis
- Eagles - St. Louis
- Sheryl Crow - St. Louis twice, Bloomington, Quad Cities
- Brandi Carlile - Quad Cities
- John Mayer - St. Louis
- Jack Ingram - Bloomington
- Sugarland - Civic Center, St. Louis, Milwaukee, Peru, IL, Denver, CO
- Keith Urban - St. Louis, Denver
- Matt Nathanson - Milwaukee
- Billy Currington - Milwaukee

28 that I can remember. There are plenty of opening acts that I don't recall. A couple acts I wish I had seen when they came through Peoria, Aerosmith and Matchbox 20. And yes, there are many I would love to see in concert! P!nk, Toby Lightman, Kelly Clarkson, Dave Matthews Band, and Gavin DeGraw just to name a few.

Let me note that I will be adding the following to the list by the end of August:
- comedian Kathy Griffin - Bloomington
- Sugarland - St. Louis, Des Moines
- Little Big Town - St. Louis, Des Moines
- Danny Gokey - St. Louis
- Sheryl Crow - Des Moines
- Colbie Caillat - Des Moines

That's 3 new people and few of my favs!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Which pet was your favorite, and what's your favorite pet memory?

Anonymous said...

Your father didn't have a question for you because, as he said, "I know most of her life." I'd like to know what was the best advice you ever received from a family member? And, while you're at it, how about your best school sports memory, your favorite grade school memory, your favorite high school memory, and your funniest/favorite college memory. Love, Momma