Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Day #5 of Memories

I've had a pretty relaxing day today. Ran a couple errands this morning... made over $8 on all the cans I collect from work. And now that Steve, my neighbor, figured out I recycle cans, I'll have twice as many cans to turn in next time. Right now I'm just enjoying the cool indoors before I head down to the ballpark tonight with Tom and the Angell's.

What is your favorite birthday memory? - Anonymous
I wish I could remember all of my birthdays, but that just isn't the case. One that sticks out is one that was spent with my mom. When she worked for Crafts Magazine while I was growing up, there was a series of years that she was consistently out of town for a trade show during my birthday. Then one year, I got to tag along with her.

The show was in Charlotte, NC and I got to walk the trade show floor with her. We got to do a bit of sightseeing while we were down there. I remember not getting the chance to put my hands on the static ball at the Childrens Science Museum. Someday I'll get all my hair to stand on end.

We also ate at some local restaurants where I got to absorb the local accents. I remember ordering a Mountain Dew and the lady couldn't understand me. It was quality! My midwestern accent was too much for her, go figure.

If I remember right, we went to an old gold/coal mine. I'm a bit fuzzy on that one because I know we also did that on a family trip up in South Dakota. But for some reason I can picture the pamphlet for this place, which we would have picked up at the hotel.

I think I'm quite fortunate that I've been able to take one-on-one trips with all my family members. With Dad to New York City, Tom to Cubs Spring Training, Mom on numerous road trips. And I can't forget the fun with extended family, Colorado trail-blazing, East Coast adventures, and concerts & ballgames from coast-to-almost-coast. Each one being a priceless adventure!

Thank you all for being a part of my first 30 years!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Janey--you brought back memories. This was a stitchery show. I remember introducing you to the "grande dame" of counted cross stitch, Pat Carson, and she autographed a tote bag for you, I think. With lots of love and hugs, Momma