Monday, July 19, 2010

Day #1 of Memories and Other Stuff

Let's start out with the other stuff... I think I should also be noting the different things that happen that are proof that I'm getting older. I don't necessarily feel almost 30, but I think there are some things you can't deny. Good example would be finding my keys hanging in the back door this morning. Goodness Gracious!

"How many of your 30 years have you been a Cubs fan?" - Anonymous
Well, I don't have any baby pictures of my sporting a Cubs outfit, but I can trace it back to age 8. The first Chiefs team baseball card set I have is from 1989 and that's also the year I started collecting baseball cards. At the time the Chiefs were affiliated with the Chicago Cubs, so I imagine it was just a matter of time before I became a full-fledged Cubs fan.
I remember wearing Andre Dawson t-shirts in middle school and of course traveling to a baseball card show with Dad up to Rockford to get Andre Dawson's autograph in person. I remember Dad getting a warning for speeding, Andre wearing a "Bill Cosby" sweater, and the film getting ruined when the camera opened too early. Partly why I was so excited to meet Andre in my adult years.

Don't forget to submit your questions!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That sounds about right. Dad