Thursday, July 8, 2010

The Chiefs at Wrigley

Tom, Jim, Theresa, Vince and I all drove up for the Chiefs game at Wrigley Field last night. A big THANKS goes out to Theresa for driving through the thunderstorms, fog, and other various "incidents". Also, may the suicidal raccoon rest in peace.

I left most of the picture taking up to Jim last night. When it comes to dueling cameras, his wins by far. I hope to share some of the field shots, once I get them from him. But then again, I think you can probably use your imagination regarding what the game looked like.

It was proven once again last night that Jim is a professional seat squatter. Our seats were on the aisle, 7 rows up from the backstop about halfway between the end of the dugout and the center of home plate. Our awesome view was slightly obstructed by the net. Driven to get photos without the net in the way, Jim staked out some seats a section over, just outside the reach of the net. I do believe he was livin' it up, getting to say hello to the higher-ups of the Cubs front office. Here's Jim as Tom Ricketts, one of the Cubs owners, gets up to leave the seat next to Jim.
We all eventually joined Jim and never got booted the whole evening. The game was fun, with the Chiefs winning and the entertainment of the Famous Chicken (should have photos coming of that one). Did I mention I got to catchup with Stacy, my fellow intern with the Chiefs? Can't believe she happened to be up at the game, considering she lives in Omaha.

Tom and I teamed up for a meal at the ballpark we won't soon forget. We split a foot-long bison dog. I so kindly shared my portion of the sauerkraut with Tom ;-) The plastic helmet Tom is holding is our order of nachos. We think it weighed a good 3 lbs, chips, chili, sour cream, onions, olives, jalapenos, nacho cheese and goodness knows what else. We enlisted Vince and the Angell's to help us out.
I believe it was around 9:00pm when Theresa treated me to a large Diet Pepsi. Dare I say that I was good to go for the evening! On the ride home, I busted out the glow sticks I got for my birthday.... yee-ha! I got back to my house around 1:30am and wasn't quite ready to fall asleep. Seeing that I didn't wake up until after 8:00am and and took a nap this afternoon, I'm pleased with my decision to take the day off. Time to get back to the grind tomorrow and finish out my two day week.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow, what a trip! Thanks for the great write-up and photos. Momma