Tuesday, January 1, 2013

End of Year Clean Up

I've been using the last couple of 4-day weekends to do some "clean-up" around the house. I must admit, I'm very good at starting something and putting it off until much later. It doesn't impact anyone other than me, so I don't feel rushed to get my butt in gear.

I usually keep the second bedroom door closed to reduce heat and air conditioning air flow, keep Jinkies from hocking up any hairballs in there, and to keep both pets out of the bags of cat and dog food. I opened the door prior to Christmas and several birthdays and it looked like some sort of storage locker. Ridiculous.

It was time to take action and that I did. All presents have been wrapped and there are just a few needing to be given out. I finished the art project I started quite some time ago and am proud to say that it's already hanging in the living room!

Bins to sort my seasonal clothing have been purchased. Old houses don't come with sufficient closets... well, at least this one didn't. I ran out of gusto doing laundry and sorting, so the packing up storing will have to wait until the coming weekend.

The last sweep through of the room will be gathering up all the items to donate, packing them up in the car and dropping them off within that week.

Not only is there the physical cleanup, but I need to organize my digital world too. I seriously have photos on my camera from October that I haven't downloaded to my computer. When was the last time I backed up my phone? When was the last time I backed up my computer. Get on it!

Let's hope I'm not too late. Fingers crossed. I promise I'll add some photos want I get through this digital world mumbo-jumbo.

No comments: