Saturday, January 26, 2013

Dog Day Afternoon

I was perfectly content with my quick trip to Dollar General to get a gallon of milk and then enjoy a day of whatever the heck I want to do in my warm cozy home.

Unfortunately, Sparky wasn't having any of that. His energy levels were off the chart and after such a long week, I just didn't have the patience to deal with him. "Hey Sparks, want to go to PetSmart?" I knew he wouldn't say no, especially with how that gift card has burning a hole in his collar.

As usual, I wan't moving nearly fast enough for Sparky, but soon enough he was riding shotgun.

No car ride would be complete without Sparky's attempt at bringing smiles to people one drive-thru at a time.

Gotta get a little fresh air while out and about. Bringing smile to people one stoplight at a time? Quite possibly.

I thought this might be a fun adventure, but I didn't think it through very well. Sparky and the car wash do not go well together AT ALL. I thought he may enjoy chasing the bubbles from window to window. I was wrong, he saw it just as a rain storm just inches away. Note to self: don't do that again.

And the reward after a busy and slightly stressful afternoon. Thanks and shout out to Mom and Dad for Sparky's gift card.

So, if there's no stuffing to gut and the squeaker continues to squeak even when punctured, then how much fun could this toy actually be?

Step 1: Inspect the toy for any weaknesses.

Step 2: Grab hold and test the squeaker.

Step 3: React to the sound of the newfangled squeaker. 

Step 4: Show it who's boss and go in for the kill!

Step 5: Recharge for round 2.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This posting was GREAT! I'm still smiling.
Momma