Friday, January 11, 2013

Cloudy Head, Fuzzy Eyes

I'm not a big fan of days like today. You want to wake up excited because it's Friday, but when you finally stand up, you fall back into bed because of an overwhelming headache that seems to have it's own pulse. You then realize it'll probably be a task just to get through the day.

Every coworker I talked to offered me something for me headache, but I had already taken the maximum dosage and had a fair amount of caffeine coursing through my system. Other than sleep, this was my only hope to lifting the cloud off my head.

I made it through the morning, trying not to be too cranky. A difficult task when all you really want to do is go back home to bed and close your eyes. Even a lunch with the boys didn't turn the day around as I had hoped, but they were good company and it was a nice meal at 5 Guys.

By the afternoon, my computer screen was starting to look fuzzy. Not the best scenario when trying to work on spreadsheets. Somehow I made it through the day, but I did bring some work home to accomplish over the weekend. I feel like I slogged through the day at 70% and need to gain some ground if I don't want to be behind on Monday.

Right now, I'm slightly impressed with how I've written this little blog. Feet kicked up on the couch, typing away on the laptop, looking through eyelids at half mast. Actually it's probably less than that, but now I have to get up to let the Sparkster out, as he leaped (isn't lept a word?) from the couch and is now staring at me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So glad you were feeling better the next day--great to see you and Sparky. Love & hugs, Momma