Monday, January 21, 2013

A Lost Weekend

It's rare that I truly feel a weekend was too short. But in the case of this last weekend, one more day would have really done me some good.

I spent Friday evening hanging out with Mom. We stopped over at Asia Grill for dinner before the show RED at Corn Stalk's lab theater. The uncomfortable seating combined with smoking in the play and a somewhat unlikable lead character caused us to scoot out early. Back at my house, I gave Mom a tour around twitter and facebook and shared my newly found screaming sheep youtube clips. Which then led us into some The Big Bang Theory flash-mob clips and a couple Kjo/GUTS videos. Overall, a very enjoyable evening!

Saturday I had to head into the office. Well, it was exactly mandatory, but if I didn't want my work area to look like a tornado hit it on Monday, then it was in my best interest. Plus, there's no 'I' in Mcomm Group, and the team was needed to pull of this latest office reorganization. Oddly enough, I started to get tuckered out after about 5 hours and pretty much called it a day after that.

Saturday night and Sunday morning I got my sleep on. Once I got up and moving, I headed over to my Tom and Laura's house to what a little football. Sometimes it doesn't get much better than hanging out with your big bro.

And now it's Monday night, after a ridiculously long day at work. I'm wrapped up in a blanket with a warm laptop, soon to be replaced with a Jinkies of Sparky, whichever acts faster. I had some chicken noodle soup for dinner and plan to hit the hay early. I refuse to believe my scratchy throat is any more than a result of the bitterly cold and dry weather. But it's better to be safe than sorry.

No comments: