Thursday, April 29, 2010

Nightmares to come?

Work has been quite busy this week. I've been helping parse out databases the past three days. It's busy work, but time consuming. I don't know how many hours I've put into it this week, but I've had to take it home the past three nights. Not a big deal because it needs to get done... I'm just afraid I'm going to have Excel nightmares. It reminds me of playing Tetris of a young age, closing me eyes, and seeing the tiles drop on the inside of my eyelids.

I worked on 160 databases tonight and close to the equivalent the last couple of nights. I think it's coming to a close. We have a new database guru in the office that will hopefully be able to help automate some of this handwork. We shall see.

I would like to add that I am very thankful to have not been stuck in database land for the last year or so. Thankfully, my knowledge has been expanding in other areas. I now have a better understanding of what my coworkers have been going through. Gotta love them for hanging in there!

1 comment:

Sandra said...

I think my eyes went crossed-eyed. Yuck! More power to ya Janers.