Monday, April 5, 2010

Pocket Texting

I had pocket dialed people many times, but I had yet to pocket text anyone. Verizon sent me a text today that said my text usage was high this month and I may want to consider upgrading my plan. Huh?

I logged into my account tonight and saw 26 texts to the same number within about 5 minutes. I don't think I could text that fast if my life depended on it, but apparently my pocket can.

I called a bookstore last week and before my phone's keylock could activate, I shoved the phone in my pocket and the texting began. Tonight I called Verizon to see if the charges could be removed and instead they talked me into signing up for a texting plan.

For an additional $5 a month, I now have 250 texts at my disposal. Yet another step into the 21st century for me.

No comments: