Monday, April 7, 2008

The perfect number...

...of layers! From bottom to top I had a pair of shorts, jeans, long sleeve Chiefs t-shirt, Cubs shirt #1, Cubs shirt #2, Cubs sweatshirt, jacket, Chiefs hat, and a hood. According to the scoreboard, the temp got down to 50, but the wind was blowing out to right. It was a bit chillier out there, waiting for the homerun ball that never came.

Before the game, Sandberg had an interview on the field and at a glance, I thought they were joking and interviewing a bat boy. It took me a second to remember that all coaches on the field would be wearing the hard helmets this year.

Despite this photo showing the Chiefs on the field, they really didn't show up for the game. I should have left after 4 errors but I had high hopes that they could come back. The game just got ugly towards the end. We had too many errors, and the relief pitching started to look like the Cubs.

For April, it was a beautiful night, and even with a loss, I had an enjoyable evening. Maybe next time, someone will be able to join me. Cheering "Dog Show" just isn't the same by yourself.

Now I'm at home, blogging it up while I listen to the NCAA basketball game. If Kansas wins tonight, then I win my office pool by one point. Who'd a thunk! Goooooo, KU!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay Kansas! What will you spend your office pool money on?- Laura

Anonymous said...

Nicely written, Janer! Momma