Thursday, November 8, 2007

Thanksgivings just around the corner.

I'm looking forward to Thanksgiving this year... not that I don't other years... it's just different being out on my own. I've been assigned to bring a pumpkin dessert, so that means I get to make something in my kitchen! Let the recipe searching begin. (If you've got a good one, let me know)

When I was talking to my mom the other day, I found out she was not planning on having mashed potatoes with the Thanksgiving meal. I was flabbergasted! "But Janey, we're going to have dressing and dinner rolls," she said. In order to get mashed potatoes added to the menu, I am now the official potato peeler and masher this year.

Thinking back to the rolls... I wonder how many other families out there pass rolls by tossing them across the table to one another?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

How can you have thanksgiving without mashed potatoes. What was you mom thinkin? We don't throw rolls in my family, but maybe we could start this year. Probably not a good idea though, Sofia might start chucking them at my aunts and uncles. I didn't get why you are boycotting trefzgers bakery? Did I miss something. Later Jane

Anonymous said...

I got it, the grumpy worker is at the bakery. I thought the grumpy person was someone you work with. My bad. Happy bloggin

Jane said...

Vince, you'll need to have the camera ready on Thanksgiving... maybe Sofia will decide to start the tradition on her own. Who knows, she might start a new tradition of flinging mashed potatoes.

Stephanie said...

According to my mother - the good old recipe on the Libby's Pumpkin jar is the best - hands down. (and easiest, I am told).

Happy oven using!!
- Stephanie

Jane said...

I'll have to check that one out. I think I bought enough pumpkin to make a few desserts.

Mmmmmm....pumpkin.