Sunday, November 25, 2007

My Thanksgiving Story

I got to the parents around 10:30 and dove right in to the mashed potato preparation. Little did I know that I would have to peel ping-pong potatoes. Thanks Mom!

I'm feel lucky that I still have all of my digits... I did have several close calls. The size of the potatoes didn't affect the taste or presentation of the mashed potatoes. I was tempted to sculpt them into a turkey, but was running short on time.

As always, the meal with my family was quite entertaining. Afterwards, Grandpa took us outside to show us how he plays tennis golf with Lizzie. Aunt Cheryl got the hang of it, but I managed to launch the tennis ball into the back of the neighbors yard, and we couldn't find it... oops.

We went back inside to warm up and to avoid studying, Laura went downstairs to get the Legos. Talk about entertainment! Laura made a castle, Tom hooked her up with an outhouse with a "throne", and Cheryl saved all of the lost souls from the great Lego abyss. Her nursing skills were put to the test, assembling legs, arms, hands, and heads to the now fortunate Lego people. Her best creation was the double right-armed, toupee wearing, bikini lady, riding on a bike.
Once again, another unforgettable Thanksgiving! I wouldn't want it any other way.
Quality!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well, here is my comment on the family Thanksgiving and peeling potatoes. You should have taken the time later to make the potato into a turkey. You could have slipped on out no one would have known. The potato turkey could have been placed in the lego castle next to the out house. It would have been great. See who says "seniors" can't play with toys and have a great time??