Friday, November 16, 2007

3rd out of 8

So I placed 3rd out of the 8 people participating in the chili cook-off at work. I'm thinking of it as a victory because it's the first pot of chili I've made by myself. Let the search for the perfect made from-scratch chili begin!

I finished off the day in St. Charles, Missouri, bringing my "green" ribbon chili with me. (is green 3rd place?) Anyway, I think if we would have had some Missourians as judges for the cook-off, then I would have won hands down. They seem to like the down home, not too chunky, not too fiery chili in this neck of the woods.

I WILL bring it with fury next year, so watch out!

6 comments:

Jennay said...

I must say for the rookie, it was dam good chilli! Had a very good taste to it. Check Star Jane! You got my vote! unfortunately someone else's didn't agree with me, i couldn't even eat dinner last night. Glad to see you have Missouri on your side! Have fun!

Amanda Rassi said...

I would have to agree that the chill was excellent. However Steph and I did some investigating and it turns out you won the gold ribbon. =)

iJess said...

All I have to say is you are all lucky I didn't enter this year

P-town Tom said...

3rd or 1st... either way, I'm sure it could have used a bit more "fire" to it.
Nice job on your first batch though!

Anonymous said...

Who was the Grand Champ? (Inquiring minds want to know.)

Jane said...

Grand Champion was Gina.
2nd Place Steph.
3rd Place, me.