Monday, October 8, 2012

Day 4 - Sturbridge & back to CT

It's 3:18pm and I'm at the Savin Rock Roasting Company, waiting for my late lunch, trying to stay awake. So, why not start the blog writing early?

This morning started out a bit slow. Last night I had a post wedding buzz equivalent to a Sugarland concert. And then once I fell asleep, the drunk people returned to their room. Go figure.

I got ready and packed in time to meet half of the wedding party for breakfast, thanks to Marina, Matt's mom, for inviting me. The meal put my free Days Inn breakfasts to shame. And it was nice to be in the company if Matt & Brian's family.

I hit the road shortly after my meal, so I could make it to the Mystic CT Aquarium around noon. With kids off school, most were eating lunch when I arrived, so it wasn't too chaotic... well, until feeding time, when everyone hit the exhibits. I saw the penguins, baluga whales and sea lions get fed. Awesome timing!

And now I sit, waiting for my delicious seafood to arrive in West Haven, CT. Or as Suzy likes to say, West Haven Court.

Turn the clock ahead nearly 5 hours and I am snuggled under my covers ready to vedge out in front of the TV. After an extremely wonderful and clammy meal, which I had enough leftover for dinner, I drug myself over to the Pez museum in Orange CT.

I believe it was I-95 that I drove a total of 1.5 hours across the southern Ct, just miles from the Long Island Sound. I thought travel would be light for a Monday, but a suppose many people had Columbus Day off and were heading back to NY and NJ. I spied quite a few of those license plates. I'm glad I made it through safely with this speedy and wreckless bunch. Or maybe it should be "wreck full".

So, the Pez museum... It is what you would imagine, hundreds of Pez dispensers throughout history in display cases. I didn't buy anything because I'm really not a fan of The candy itself.

Beyond tired, I made my way to the next hotel. No dogs around tonight, but I'm once again right next to the elevator. Hoping to sleep well tonight, so I can make the best of my last vacation day tomorrow.

Today's photos in no particular order include. Penguins at the aquarium, my appetizer of stuffed baked clams, and the sports Pez collection.

No comments: