Sunday, October 31, 2010

Random Photos and this Weekend

So one day I got a $5.00 off Halloween items at CVS and I couldn't resist "buying" a wolf mask for $4.99. You can't beat just paying tax for something.
Here's Jenny wearing the mask.
And here's Ryan wearing it after having eaten at Chevy's for his birthday. Note the sombrero.
I also found this photo on my phone that I hadn't posted. One morning while visiting Emily, we went out to breakfast. I just couldn't get over the fact that I could so easily see the mountains. Super cool!
Also while visiting Emily in Denver, we went to Dave and Busters. I don't think I remembered to blog about it before. It was the normal fun times that a place like that brings. But in addition to that, one of the prizes you could win with tickets was non other than Stunt Granny!
Today Jim, Tom, and I went disc golfing at Bradley Park. Laura came along with us and picked up litter along the way. To her surprise, she found a raccoon sleeping in an empty garbage can on the first hole. Super crazy! We figured he was stuck, so Jim tipped over the can to rudely awaken/save the poor little critter. As Tom mentioned, the raccoon probably had some explaining to do to his wife.

There were piles of leaves all over the place. The largest wind-formed pile was on hole 9, the last hole in upper Bradley. The pile was almost 3 feet high, 10 feet deep and close to 20 feet long. I did some can-can high kicks through the pile and then Laura followed up with a high-jump leap. Can you spot Laura's face in the photo below?

When not playing around this weekend, I spent quite a bit of time out in the yard. After I saw this, I realized that I don't often look at the sky right above my head. I'm glad I did and caught a glimpse of this rainbow cloud. The rainbow didn't continue any further than what's in this photo.It was neat to watch the small patch of wispy clouds move through the rainbow.

I chopped off all the cannas about a foot or so off the ground. Last year I learned that it helps to see where they are buried, so don't just break off the entire stalk.

Anyway, I thought it would be fun to make a big bouquet. It actually made it much easier (less bending over, etc.) to chop them up to fit in lawn waste bags.
I should have taken a shot of all the bulbs I dug up. They filled up 4-5 5-gallon buckets. Plenty more than what I need... still have a Cub Food carboard box filled to the brim, ready to give away. Let me know if you'd like some.

Also, let me know if you want to help me dig up elephant ears this week! I'm not sure what my game plan to get them out of the ground is, but it's got to be done.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

"Whoo-hoo" for the great photos! This blog sure was a fun read. Momma

Anonymous said...

Jane I finally caught up on the excellent and entertaining blog. Keep up the good work. Love auntie cheryl