Monday, October 25, 2010

Such a Slacker

Wow, I feel like such a slacker! I've been home a week, and I haven't posted any photos from my adventure in Colorado with Emily.

I thought it would be a good idea to go to a botanical garden. Emily hadn't been there before, so she was game. Sadly, it wasn't the best time of the year to look at flowers... this is one of the best looking one we saw that day.On the other hand, the botanical garden was located on an "old school" ranch. They had chickens, goats, sheep, and a Clydesdale. There were educational signs outside the different buildings like for the ice house and bunk house. I bet it would be a pretty cool place for a class field trip.

Anyway, here's a couple pics.


We also drove up to the top of a mountain where Buffalo Bill Cody is buried. Along the way up, we saw these people paragliding from somewhere towards the top of the mountain. Can't say I'd want to do that myself, but it was super cool to watch.
Here's a view from the other side of the mountain. It was so beautiful.
Here's Emily's cat Toni, A.K.A. Kitteh. She likes to hang on the porch and was just checking out the owl that attempts to keep away the squirrels from the potted plants.
I had a blast visiting Emily. Felt just like hanging out in college, but the weekend just didn't last long enough.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great photos! The "beautiful" mountain photo was fantastically beautiful. Can't imagine what it would look like to see it in person. Momma