Wednesday, October 13, 2010

I've been thinking.

I follow quite a few different people on twitter and it's interesting to see how they post items to encourage helping other, but lately they've been feeling the need to request people to be more kind to each other.

I think the internet has depersonalized things. It's almost like a screen name is a mask and people think they won't be seen. What happened to the days of "If you can't say anything nice, then don't say anything at all".

Maybe if it changed "If you can't type anything nice, then don't type anything at all".

That's what's on my mind this evening.

2 comments:

Vince said...

I think "say anything nice" encompasses everything like write, type, speak, or sign language. I will say that people will type something they would never say to someone face to face.

Have you hugged a Sandra lately? said...

Janers- although a short blog entry... very deep thinking. I completely agree with you on the concept of behind a mask. Although I feel some people might be less shy via internet if they don't have to talk face to face. Also I feel that mean people will be mean people regardless of communication method hense all the cyber bullying that some folks are dealing with. We do need to see friends/family more often though and not rely on screen communication... which brings me to my NEXT point.. Bones Thursday night?? :)