Sunday, October 10, 2010

For Pete's Sake!

I've had quite the busy weekend and it's unfortunately ending in a very frustrating fashion. The good news was I found someone that wanted my old desktop computer. Grandpa wants it to be able to play solitaire and possible other games. For the computer to run better and hopefully flawlessly, I decided to use the recovery CD I have and restore it to the factory settings, so he can start new.

The Compaq did not come with recovery CD's, so when I got it, it had me burn the recovery discs. I put them in the computer and saw the files on them, so I assumed I would be good to go. Little did I know that the computer would have some sort of trouble reading it and not complete the job. I think I have managed to turned the computer into a gigantic paperweight.

I tried loading an older restore disc from a previous computer, but it doesn't want to run and flashes the blue screen of death. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I may be able to borrow a restore disc from work that will help get the computer up and running. This is really beyond frustrating.

Maybe I should focus on the fun disc golfing with Tom this weekend or the progress I'm making in the second bedroom. That's all I got for now... argh!

1 comment:

Amanda Rassi said...

Fingers crossed, nothing is more frustrating than computer issues.