Sunday, May 23, 2010

Here there and everywhere.

I apparently had ants in my pants this week, and it all started on Wednesday.

WEDNESDAY: I ventured over the Iadipaolo's after taking Sparky for his walk. I got a chance to take a short walk with Sandra and Sofia, Sofia showed off her bicycling skills. Her bike is stylin with the streamers coming out of the handle bars.

THURSDAY: I headed over to the parents house because it'd been a while since I'd seen everyone. Dad had been out of town for work, and Grandpa was out of town the week before visiting my uncle's family. Since it was rainy, no walk for the Sparkster, so I picked up Chinese and headed out. Had a nice dinner with all and even surprised Mom with some hot and sour soup.

FRIDAY: Gearing up for the release of Sex in the City, Stephanie was planning on watching the original movie for the first time. I jokingly said Spark and I could join. Little did I know that her family was out of town for the weekend and she could have a girls night. She did let me bring Sparky, so Reggie wouldn't feel out of place at the girls night. I tried to video, but they didn't turn out. All you see is flashes of Sparky, the lighter colored dog, fly by. It was pretty cool to see.

SATURDAY: Mom had a hair appointment in town, so she stopped by for lunch and to help me pick out flowers for the yard. We got all the flowers planted in the yard. Then today, to my surprise, it appears that one of the purple elephant ears is going to make an appearance. We shall see.

Front Flowerbed
Back Flowerbed

After Mom headed out, I still had ants in my pants. I called up T & L. They weren't up to much, so I asked if I could bring over some buffalo burgers for Tom to grill up. Excellent decision! Got to visit with them and now I have some leftover burgers for the next couple of days.

Here's some crazy looking bush they have in their backyard. It has soooo many flowers, it looks like it got TP'ed.

SUNDAY: This morning I worked out in the yard and now need to finish up the laundry. I gave in and turned the air conditioning on today. I just couldn't get cooled off after the yardwork and giving Sparky a bath.

I did enjoy one of the buffalo burgers for lunch and may even have one for dinner...mmm. I really need to not be afraid of my grill. Tom, wanna help me figure that thing out one of these days? I'm afraid that somehow I'm going to lose my eyebrows, or watch the grill skyrocket through the neighborhood.

2 comments:

P-town Tom said...

Yeah, sure. What's the deal with your grill? Does it snarl, growl, or nip at you or something?
I'm up for the challenge!

Jane said...

No, I don't think it'll bite back. I've just never cooked on a gas grill. Dad taught me on a good ole Weber Charcoal Grill. Ya know, the one they got as a gift when I was born.