Monday, May 24, 2010

Chocolate Pudding and My Brother

Sometimes the different things that remind me of friends or family strike me as being quite odd. I made banana and chocolate pudding the other day. Tonight I served up some chocolate pudding and immediately thought of Tom.

If memory serves me right, I had my wisdom teeth taken out over a fall break early on in college. Mom and Dad made sure there were plenty of soft foods in the house for me to consume in the coming days. Still loopy on the meds I decided to get some chocolate pudding.

I spooned the pudding into the bowl and noticed some lumps. At first I thought it just didn't get stirred will enough, but then I noticed the lumps were actually hard. With my mind thinking of everything imaginable, I chucked all the pudding.

Later that evening, when everyone was back home... the pudding I tossed got brought up. Apparently, Tom thought it would be fun to throw some chocolate pudding Jelly Bellys into the chocolate pudding.

3 comments:

Sandra said...

that was not nice of a big brother

P-town Tom said...

Hey! I thought it would be a nice surprise! All she had to do was be adventurous and try one of the lumps!

Jane said...

Maybe a little mischievous, but thoughtful none the less. :)

It's one of many fun memories I have.