Tuesday, January 13, 2009

The Semi-Truck Incident 12/24/08

Luckily, I was already chillin' on the couch around 7:00AM on Christmas Eve Day when I heard a loud "rustling" outside my window. I looked out the side living room window and what did my eyes see?
I then turned to the front window to witness an 18-wheeler stuck at the end of my driveway. He was stuck in the large ice-lined puddle that forms between my driveway and the road. I must admit, it was extremely amusing to see him toss a couple handfuls of salt into the puddle. Needless to say, it didn't help... and he didn't want to take me up on my kitty litter offer. I simply watched in awe from the warmth of my house as the friction of his tires on the ice made billows of smoke and vapor. It was quite the entertainment! I even called Grandpa and gave him a play-by-play on the phone. After rocking back and forth for a good 15 minutes, the semi was finally free.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

OH MY GOODNESS! I know you told us about this at the time, and it sounded unbelievable, but I hadn't pictured the truck quite so BIG in my mind's eye. That's one big truck. Momma