Thursday, June 19, 2008

Would you like some fizzies?

That's the question Mom asked me on the ride back from Springfield. As if I hadn't already drank enough carbonate and caffeinated beverages throughout the evening. I think I had at least one belch that rivaled the bass at the concert. Anyway, her question cracked both of us up.

Here's where we parked at Shopko. Good news, I found a new pair of sneakers for walking and a lawn chair.

At the Sangamon County Fair they had duck races. Not quite the same things as our little rubber ducks along the river front.

We took a quick run through the children's competition hall. They had everything from flowers, produce, baked goods, and artwork that had been judged. I guess you could categorize these as produce artwork.













Now for the concert. We had great timing arriving at the fair. We heard and saw some of Little Big Town's sound check. It was cool to see Mom turn into a little kid... they just happened to play her favorite song. We didn't stay for the whole concert, but what we saw was great.

3 comments:

Jennay said...

Looks like you and mom were having a great time! Looks fun!

Anonymous said...

Jane--I loved the photos. Will try to print some out to send to Chris & Ken. Hugs, Momma

P-town Tom said...

The pic of Mom in Shopko parking lot is priceless. I can't believe she allowed you to take that one!