Sunday, June 15, 2008

Today I headed over to Bartonville around 3:00, just before the stormy clouds down-poured in my neck of the woods. By the time I made it to Mom and Dad's, there were tree limbs down all throughout the Bartonville area. Without power, Dad was limited on what he could do, so he got out the chainsaw and took care of those pesky tree limbs.
Shortly after, Tom and Laura came over and we all celebrated Fathers' Day with Dad and Grandpa, and Dad's Birthday which is tomorrow. I regret that I wasn't able to take any photos of the gifts, but it was just too dark inside for my phone camera. Next time I'm in their neck of the woods, I will take a picture of the workshop sign I made for Dad.

As I was driving home I caught a glimpse of the sun poking through some clouds and trees and did a u-turn to go back and take a picture of it. It looked cool to me, and I couldn't pass it up.
Oh yeah, I saw the movie, The Happening, the other night... totally not worth seeing in the theater. If you want to see it, wait for it on DVD.

2 comments:

P-town Tom said...

Thanks for the tip on "The Happening". I was thinking about going to see it in the movie theater, but now I'll just be patient.
Also, excellent decision to go back and take that cool pic of the sun behind the trees.

Amanda Rassi said...

I agree, very cool picture! Sounds like your Dad had a very good Father's day. Power outage aside he did get to use a chain saw. =)