Thursday, June 5, 2008

Tuesday was the greatest

The only downside to my Tuesday was having to drive to Moline and back through thunderstorms. But you know what? It did get my car pretty darn clean, so let's just move that back into the plus column.

9am - Mom and I headed out of town towards the Quad Cities.
11:30am - Over the river and through the storms, arrived at the Putnam Museum to check the schedule for the IMAX shows.
11:45am - Ate a little Subway and some 75 cent ice cream cones at Whitey's (bargain of the day)
12:30pm - Back to the museum to watch Sea Monsters in 3D
12:45pm - Getting elbowed by mom for laughing at her getting startled by the sea monsters
12:53pm - Another elbow for the giggling
1:03pm - Lost count of how many times Mom jumped from the sea monsters
1:20pm - Bought a really kick ass mood ring in the gift shop
1:37pm - Mom poses for the camera as an Egyptian Queen
1:40pm - Back to the theater to watch Grand Canyon in 3D
1:45pm - Enjoying the Dave Matthews Band soundtrack of the show
1:57pm - Trying to stay awake during the documentary-like story of the Colorado River
2:25pm - Mom and I tried to shake the depressing feeling left by seeing the devastating effect we have all had on the Earth
3:00pm - I stop in to get our Sheryl Crow tickets at the iWireless Center and get to hear Sheryl Crow's soundcheck
3:05pm - Tell Mom we definitely get to hear the song Motivation at the concert
3:07pm - Looking at Sheryl Crow's tour bus wondering how long I would have to sit there before she came back out
3:08pm - Trying to not think about stalking Sheryl Crow and stifle the excitement generated from getting a taste of what was to come
3:15 - 5:15 - Shopping around Moline, trying to redirect extra energy away from thinking about the concert
5:15pm - Dinner at Arby's... roast beef sandwich plus Jane's anxiety/gas filled stomach equals no repercussions
6:11pm - Try to get into Reserved Parking at the venue, but get denied
6:13pm - Joke with Mom about the sinkbomb in my bag... that would be the sign I brought... fabric written on with permanent marker
6:15pm - Chillin' in line to get into the concert
6:45pm - Set my butt down in my Row 2 Seat 16 seat and take in the view
7:03pm - Talk to the security guys near the front row about the stage diving rules during the show
7:30pm - Brandi Carlile takes the stage and rocks the house
8:27pm - Get album signed by Brandi Carlile.... sweeeeeet!
8:47pm - Sheryl takes the stage and blows the roof off of the house!
9:33pm - Contemplate diving over the row infront of me to snag the guitar pick that landed in the beer and the drunk front row people don't see at first
10:02pm - Realize my voice is quite hoarse and I can't hit any high notes
10:38pm - The show ends and even after the encore, Sheryl didn't play my sign requested song. Kind of a bummer, but at least she didn't play Diamond Ring (yeah!)
10:47pm - Sitting in the car, about to leave the parking lot
10:53pm - Turning out of the parking, forced to go the direction I don't want to go
10:56pm - Attempting to cut through to the next street, getting stuck in the parking lot, and causing mom a slight panic
10:58pm - Back on the right track, but my street turns into an alley and then deadends into another parking lot
10:59pm - On the street I want to be on and 74 is just around the corner
12:32am - Drop Mom of at home
1:00am - Time to wind down and go to bed

I hope this all makes sense, I didn't proof read it :-)
You got a question, then I'll gladly expand on it!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well done, Jane! What happened to the HOURS that we spent shopping (unsuccessfully) for shoes?! Hugs,
Momma P.S. I'm sure your readers would like to know that the 75-cent ice cream cones were EXCELLENT and were a special price to commemorate that local ice cream parlor's 75th anniversary. We were just lucky to be there on day one of a 2-day sale. P.P.S. Where's the mummy photo?

Anonymous said...

Janers!
Sounds like you had a blast!
LOVED the play-by-play!

Amanda Rassi said...

Wow! Sounds like you guys had a great day. And talk about some awesome seats!! You guys were SO close!

P-town Tom said...

Did Brandi Carlile play "The Story". That's a high quality song that even I can rock out to!
Sounds like you had a fun trip. Would have given almost anything to been there sitting next to Mom during the sea monsters movie!