Sunday, November 24, 2013

P!nk and The Kin Rockin' Indy

When an idea floats through my head that I actually want to do, it bounces around in there until I actually follow through. I was scheduled to see P!nk for the 2nd time this year when I visited Emily in Denver, but P!nk was sidelined for vocal rest. With my refund, I booked a hotel and got a ticket to see P!nk in Milwaukee. Unfortunately, she came back from vocal rest too soon and had to postpone this date too. I was ready to throw in the towel until I saw some tickets still available for Indianapolis. In this case, 3rd time was a charm and I got to see P!nk again!


Buying a ticket for P!nk within a month of the concert date doesn't result in the best seats to choose from. I was seated in the top row at the corner of the venue. The seat was better than I anticipated and gave me a cool view to see the concert, above the performers. Although I would have been a bit more comfortable if I had a seatbelt.


Being above the performers meant I could see when the floor opened up and I could prep for photos. I have a series of pics where P!nk slingshots up from the floor. Below she was spinning while rising out of the stage.


Earlier in the day I stopped at the Rhythm Discovery Center, which is devoted to percussion instruments. I was more than pleased to see P!nk rock out on the drum set. I want to be able to do that!

Most of the time she has a harness with safety cables, but during the song Sober, P!nk was safe up high, spinnin' round, spinnin' round, spinnin' round, and comin' down, comin' down, comin' down without any safety devices. Mesmerizing!

Such a fantastic, energetic show, but it eventually had to come to an end. This time I had a bit of an idea of where she would land and zoom while flying. Absolutely hysterical to watch the reaction of those around me shaking in fear as P!nk "free fell" into the center of the floor. She's pulls up a few feet short and waves with a smile. Below she makes a stop on a pedestal across the way from my seat.

Now I can't forget the opening act, The Kin. I'd never heard of them and failed to look into their music prior to the show. They were fun to watch! A simple setup with quite a bit of talent. The drummer (Shakerleg), guitarist (Thorald) and keyboardist (Isaac) provided three concert firsts for me.

1. Shakerleg played the drums with his hands! That's correct, no drumsticks needed.


2. Thorald got the audience to light up their cell phones. What a cool sight.

3. Isaac busted out a didgeridoo! So COOL! For the record he and Thorald are from Australia.


I also took the time after the show to meet and chat with them for a quick second. So fun, and I hope to see them again. I look forward to listening to my new The Kin CD at work this week.

No comments: