Monday, November 4, 2013

Drive-by Gift Giving

When you have a friend that's been quite busy, is handling more than their fair share, and you've begun to call them elusive, then you have to get creative with your gift giving. I opted for my first attempt at Drive-by Gift Giving. Just as it sounds, the plan was to drive by the house and chuck the give in the general direction of the front door. I chose a plain brown paper wrapping that could be mistaken for a bag of soon to be flaming poo, in hopes it would deter anyone else from snagging the gift.

I have quite the throwing arm in softball, but when it comes to chucking something out of the car, I'm at a disadvantage with my non-dominant lefthand. A hook shot from the street may have made it past the sidewalk if I was lucky, so I opted to toss it from the driveway. As you can see, the girly throw did not go too far.

I harassed the giftee via text to make sure the gift was not confiscated by the next door neighborhood watch president who was outside pretending to tend to her dog's business. Okay, so I was needlessly anxious about the gift falling into the right hands. Once inside, knowing the gift came from me, the giftee's dog swept over the package with his hypersensitive nose to make sure all was copacetic. 

I gotta say, this drive-by gift giving was much more fun than I anticipated. It ranks as high as chucking "fun size" bags of peanut M&M's at my coworkers. I think I had an appropriate gift to match the irregular delivery method. 

1 comment:

Amy Talcott said...

Not only did your delivery method work for me (I was still in bed,) the gift was perfect and your thoughtfulness MADE MY DAY. If I ever decide to hug someone, it will most certainly be you. :)