Monday, November 11, 2013

Concert Junkie? Perhaps. This time, Dustin Lynch, Little Big Town and Keith Urban.

I'm quite happy last night's concert went off without a hitch. I'm always ready to see Little Big Town live and was excited to see Dustin Lynch for the first time, and hoping Keith Urban wouldn't blow my eardrums out.

I had to meet my party (Jim, Theresa and Mom) at the Civic Center. I was apparently part of some new-fangled entry via credit card. Since I paid for the tickets, the ticket attendant swiped my credit card, and a fanny-pack looking machine spit out 4 movie theater sized tickets that simple gave our seat locations and the name of the tour. Yep, I'm bummed I don't have a "real" ticket from this event.

We made it to our seats just before Dustin Lynch hit the stage. I tried to familiarize myself with his tuneage over the past week, and got my hopes up that he'd have an energized show. He did not disappoint! Possibly the best pre-opening act I've ever seen. If he keeps putting out good music, he'll be a Luke Bryan soon enough.


Unlike the 30+ minute set change I endured between Sheryl Crow and Gary Allan a few weeks back, Little Big Town barely gave us enough time to visit the restroom with a line wrapped nearly around the whole concourse. After 10 minutes, the lights went dark and we stumbled the last three steps down to our row. Thank goodness we bee-lined to that bathrooms after Dustin Lynch.


Thankfully, not one minute of LBT was missed and every second was absorbed for playback in my head as I would try to fall asleep after the show. I don't know if they had extra energy after winning the CMA's vocal group of the year earlier in the week, or if my LBT/Sugarland withdrawal was worse than I thought. Either way, they put on one hell of a show! I began chanting in my head... please don't play Boondocks, please don't play Boondocks. Boondocks, the last song of the night, came too soon as always.


Looking for a new vantage point, Mom and I headed for the "cheap seats" at the back of the arena, leaving Jim and Theresa to rock it out with the extra room. Settled in midway up and smack dab in the middle of the seats opposite the stage, Mom and I waited for Keith Urban to take the stage.


After another fairly speedy set change and a drum test that got Mom to jump out of her seat, Keith took the stage.


I opted to go earplugless because I didn't feel my innards thumping, compared to the first two times I caught Keith in concert and left early to save my hearing because I didn't have earplugs.


I thoroughly enjoyed his show. He played all of his hits plus quite a few off the new album, and brought LBT and Dustin Lynch out on stage to join in on a few songs.


Keith even waded through the crowd a few times, but I was most looking forward to him hitting the small stage setup just below are section. It's always nice to see the artist that close without have to be smushed in a pit or dodging people's heads on the floor.


I can't think of a better lineup of artists I've seen. As a whole, this honestly was the best evening I've spent at a concert. I gotta hand it to Keith Urban's people for putting The Fuse tour together. Well done!


Now I must explain this "best evening at a concert" a bit... yes, Sugarland and LBT are an outstanding combo, but that's only 2. Last night there were 3. Out of all of the triple lineups I've seen, there always seems to be one dud and if you're really unlucky, two. Last night was the trifecta of awesomeness!

Can it get better than that? Of course.

Will I ever see my ultimate lineup? Probably not.

I want a quintuplefecta! In no particular order, I would want a day of full sets from the following artists:
- Sheryl Crow
- Dixie Chicks
- Little Big Town
- Sugarland
- Pink

One can dream!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Bravo! Great pix and write-up. Momma