Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Wrigley Bound Road Trippin'

July treated me well and it ended quite nicely with a road trip to see the Cubs play. Last Wednesday, Tom, Theresa, Jim and I headed up to Wrigley for a Cubs night game. I spent the morning packing for my trip to Boston while the Angell's were still making their way back from Seattle.

We all met up around 2pm and headed out in my Sparky-hair-free-car. A pit stop and a few hours later and we were watching the Brewer's batting practice from our assigned seats. Our butts never hit these seats, thanks to Jim's uncanny ability to squat seats (we were a just a few rows from the lowest section!)

Tom and I ventured from foul pole...

...to foul pole while we waited for the game to start. It was such a beautiful day.

Well, until I somehow jinxed it. I kindly requested no extra innings, so we would get home around 1 to 2am. This would allow me enough time to properly recharge my battery prior to flying to Boston. I should have been more specific... there were no extra innings, but we did have over an hour rain delay. Next up, glow stick fun.

As soon as the storm passed, the grounds crew was on the move again and prepping the field for return to play. We squatted some new seats down the left field line in hopes of a foul ball. No free souvenirs were had, but we did leave with a CUBS WIN!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Again, great photos! Bravo. Momma P.S. How did you get your car free of Sparky hairs????