Sunday, July 28, 2013

Yep, today was my birthday.

Probably not news to many, but today was my birthday. I had a nice leisurely morning of chilling with the pets and watching a little Scooby Doo. Then I met the family at Famous Dave's for lunch and a rendition of Happy Birthday that included cowbells and pyrotechnics.

Shortly after, it was to Tom and Laura's for a bit a dessert and a few presents. Besides the glow sticks, this was the most fun present I got. My mom made this owl bookend for me to use at work. Love it!

The most alive gift goes to Tom and Laura. But you'll have to wait until I can show you. Soon enough, my yard won't be naked anymore and I'll have a new kick-ass tree thanks to them.

I forgot to call my mom to remind her to bring the birthday hat to lunch (I guess that's what turning 33 will do to a person.) I couldn't go to the Chiefs game without it, so I dropped by their house to retrieve it.

Next up was the Kane County Cougars game against the Peoria Chiefs. I got there at 4pm, so I could try to fill my baseball with autographs from Cougars. Mission accomplished! Sadly, not one player wished me happy birthday, but I did manage to get a foul ball from the 3rd base coach. I do believe the birthday hat played an integral part. Also pictured below is the one and only Hall of Fame inscribed piece from Andre Dawson. Not sure how dad found it, but I'm glad he did.

I had yet another fun night at the Chiefs game. So glad some of my friends and family could make it out. It would not have been the same without you. Chances are pretty high that I'll be dreaming about Vo - Gel - Bach! and Pa - Pa - Cci - O! tonight. Fun times!


No comments: