Monday, August 19, 2013

Tonight's List: Dislikes

The last time I remember my hands shaking uncontrollably was when I got a foul ball at a Kane County Cougar baseball game. Beyond that I have no recollection. So what brings this up? Well, I was so angry this morning my hands were actually shaking. I would normally remove myself from the situation, but when you're on deadline, you just have to power through.

In order to clear my mind from the past week and then some, I've decided to pull together a list of things I dislike or frustrate me. I don't feel I have much control over these things or haven't found a solution up until this point. So now as they pop in my head.

  • Blisters, I'm beginning to think I need to start going barefoot increasingly more everyday (in the winter I'll wear smartwool socks)
  • When a friend/family member forgets your birthday (I try to do what my mom used to tell me, "call the person you really want to hear from". Honestly, it's just not the same)
  • Drivers that pass on the right, tailgate, don't use blinkers, and refuse to yield to pedestrians.
  • Walking around in a busy area with no purpose or awareness that you are the cause of the bottleneck.
  • Littering, even if it's a simple cigarette butt out the window (someday when I'm old and don't give a shit, I'll pick that item up, knock on the car window and let them know they dropped something)
  • Stepping on a cat hairball in the middle of the night. (being awake 100% of the time for turning on lights would be worse than the small percentage of squishes)
  • Not being treated the way I want to be treated. They say, "Treat people the way you want to be treated." Quite often this doesn't work. Recently, a piece of straw broke this camel's back. Well, I thought, maybe they want to be treated the way they are treating me. I immaturely tried this and to no surprise, it didn't make the situation any better. Time to switch it back up and get back to myself. I'd rather be happy, but I guess that may not be the same for everyone.
  • People being in a hurry because they're running late, not proactive, or just simply lazy.
  • Tomatoes (survey says this will never change)

I know I'm not immune to doing some of these myself, but I try to be aware of them and be considerate of those around me. Sometimes the small things can be underestimated and you never know how something as little as saying, "Hi", to a passing stranger could possibly brighten their day.

That's all I got. Hope you have a good morning, afternoon or evening.

No comments: