Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Final Days of Vacation with "My Boys"

I'm aware of sleeping in a Marriott that was so tight you couldn't get the sofabed to properly unfold without resting on the foot of the bed. This was quite the humorous scene. What may have been more humorous is if Matt had spotted a snake when we walked through Snake Den State Park in Johnston, RI.


My highlight of the day was going to come from a Wright's Dairy Farm! I don't know what it is about cows, fresh milk and local cheeses, but I always seem to be fascinated. We didn't stay long enough to view the cow milking from 3-5pm, but isn't that what shows like Reading Rainbow, How is it Made, and Dirty Jobs are for?


Can you believe it? Manure is no longer free... not that I needed any, but I'm sure it was a bummer to some people.


Next up was a Wright's Farm for the most delicious chicken dinner I have had in my entire life. Good thing Brian grew up in New England, otherwise we would have missed this gem. Served family style with a heaping dish of chicken and sides of salad, pasta, fries, and rolls. Note: these fellas were at the dairy farm and not harmed.


Now for the best part about my blistered toes. I couldn't help but nix the idea of walking around more places on my last day of vacation, so we took to the water. We opted to canoe down a portion of the St. Charles River.


This was relaxing and fun. I wish I had more pictures, but my paranoia of tipping the canoe or having to hop in the water because we got stuck was enough for me to leave my phone and camera in the car. We didn't tip and only got partially stuck, but we did return completely soaked thanks to the rain cloud hovering over our canoe.


After a fantastic dinner made by Brian and quick night of sleep, I was following Matt on his way to work in denial that I was actually headed to the airport. I dislike goodbyes, especially after having such a wonderful time with two great friends.

No comments: