Sunday, July 21, 2013

Support and Nonsense

First off, I want to thank those who supported Whitney's Walk out of the kindness of their heart and/or in honor of my birthday next weekend (the 28th and there's still time to support WW on the 27th). You helped me surpass my goal and get WW within $4,000 of their $100k goal. Thanks again, this makes me so happy and proud. I picked up my WW t-shirt and Sparky's already resting up for the walk next Saturday.

That's the the main thing on my brain tonight, other than my upcoming vacation. I'm headed to Boston to see Matt & Brian and found out we'll be hitting Rhode Island for a bit. Between WW, my birthday, a Cubs game at Wrigley and a vacation... well, let's just say it's going to take everything in my power to stay focused on the task at hand.

So, why not throw in some random nonsense that I may or may not have blogged about already.

Some of you may know that I have some goofy coworkers. I know, it's amazing that I get along with them. Anyway, here's something they found and have continued to hide throughout the building. I thought it was E.T., but was corrected. Please meet our hairless Dora the Explorer.

When it's sweltering outside, Sparky loses out and doesn't get to fill his nostrils with 45mph fresh air. Next best thing, air conditioning straight out of the vent.

Here's Jinkies' favorite activity of the summer. Stalking bunnies and birds from the front window. Needless to say, he hasn't caught any. Good thing Sparky has his back (eye roll).

Upon arriving at my parents house one weekend morning, I turned to Sparky to find him wearing his harness sideways. I wish I could blame this on user error, but have to admit it was operator error.

Watermelon is a favorite of mine during the summer and I should really treat myself to it more often. My first taste of the season was thanks to my brother. Gotta love how Mathman packs it in there!

It always cracks me up to see Jinkies slowly getting sucked into the couch.

This year is the every in the every other year for the black walnuts (2009, 2011). I despise my neighbors two trees that drop hundreds, if not thousands of these blasted black walnuts into my backyard. This will not be the last you've heard of these.

Here's the little friend I met today. He was chillin' in the driveway waiting for me to get home. One step closer and he flew away. Phew, I thought he might be cat bait.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This was such a FUN blog to read. Glad you made your WW goal. The bad harness photo of Sparky is one of his cutest headshots. I think you should clarify that Jinkesan is actually sleeping on the top of the sofa back! He is giving Sparkster a run for his money in the cute photo department.